Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Before & After: An Almost-Black Guest Bedroom

Before & After: An Almost-Black Guest Bedroom
Via - apartmentherapy.com

KRguestbedroom_before.jpg
This guest bedroom was the easiest room in my new house for me to decorate, because I immediately knew I wanted to paint the far wall very dark.
KRguestbedroom_after1.jpg
After comparing lots of almost-black paint swatches, I settled on Valspar's Locomotive and had it matched in Behr paint-and-primer. The bedding was another easy pick; I had been eyeing it for months at West Elm. I added in the same blinds I have in the rest of the house, and the nightstands are secondhand finds.
KRguestbedroom_after2.jpg
I kept the artwork in similar dark tones, and my dad helped me hang some paper lanterns I collected on sale (the bottom one lights up). I like the color combinations in this room and the fact that it's imperfect. I know I'll keep adjusting things, but the dark wall alone makes me happy.
Images: Kim Rinehimer

No comments:

Post a Comment