Thursday, October 4, 2012

Wasted Space to Reading Nook

Ever since I saw these incredible bookshelves on Pinterest I knew I had to have them in my home.
I wasn’t really sure where in our home until one day I was sitting at the computer desk in our playroom and looked over my right shoulder to see this.
Book Nook
Well maybe it wasn’t so empty and clean at the time but it still felt like wasted space.
Book Nook
So I surfed on over to the Ana White HomeMaker blog for the Ten Dollar Ledges plans.
Book Nook
Michael measured, purchased, cut and assembled the ledges for me and then I spray painted them white. Michael hung them using screws. They are fantastic and don’t take up any space!
I threw our bean bags into the nook and hung some curtains from Ikea on a shower curtain rod for coziness and privacy. Thanks for hemming them Nana!
Book Nook
Now the kids have a comfortable space to read and play!
Book Nook
On the wall up on the right I hung this for displaying artwork. It was super simple to make, I’ll show you how the kids and I made it in another post.
Book Nook
They think it is so cool to have their art displayed on the wall.
The whole project cost under $80 and completely transformed the space!
BeforeAfter
Book NookBook Nook
I am sharing this project at these great parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment