Emerson’s Nursery- Birds in a Floral ParadiseFrom: Nursery Project
by Aggieemers | Posted on: January 31, 2012
- Child's Name:Emerson
- Child's Age:18 months
- Location:Plano, TX
- Description:This is Emerson's nursery... a bright, colorful, and unique nursery.
- Design Inspiration:While shopping for maternity clothes I came across a picture that really caught my eye, and ended up being the inspiration for the mural and the room. The picture is the oversized print hanging above the changing table. I asked that the muralist take that pattern and to cover the entire wall with that. She and I worked together on a design and in a matter of a few days the room was transformed.
- Decorating Style:I wanted the room to be colorful and happy. My style is to incorporate multiple textures, to be bold, and to add a personal touch by doing something by hand. Most of the nursery items and decorations are things I saw and found from various other places, but I knew they would come together nicely.
- Project Details:We had help with a designer for our glider and for the bedding. The muralist is fantastic. If you are in the Dallas area and need a mural, contact http://www.bananaink.com/. The rug is from Pottery Barn Teen, my absolute favorite online store. I bought frames for her initials myself and put those together with scrapbook paper and some letters I found at a nail salon of all places.
- Favorite Items:My favorite part of the room is definitely the mural. It is just such a happy space with the colors and the birds in the swirls with flowers. And now that Emerson is older she points to the birds and says "burd" and smiles. It's visually stimulating, yet not over the top.
- Advice:Be creative!