3-1-cold2.jpg

Welcome to Alexandra!
I live on the small third floor (let's be honest; inhabited attic) of an old brick home, so the shape of the room and the slanting ceilings was the first challenge. Second and third challenges repectively were to make the space cozy, bright and personal while simultaneously keeping my focus on paying off my student loans and (read: resisting new purchases for my bedroom!)...
 
3-1-cold1.jpg

What I thought worthy of mention, though, is that the toile used throughout the room - the headboard, above the window, the dust ruffle, covering the heinously ugly table and the pillows - is a fabric near and dear to me because I grew up staring at it every Sunday at the dinner table...in the form of my grandparent's dining room curtains! When they passed away I inherited them and here they are, enjoying a second life in a new setting.
3-1-cold3.jpg

All of the furniture is inherited too, just re-upholstered with brown and cream and, in the case of my favourite chair, a cheery pinky-red gingham. The kid's bookshelf (circa - I'm guessing here - 1988?) is perfect for the scale of the room with its lower ceilings.

3-1-cold4.jpg