Gender Neutral Nursery and PlayroomFrom: project nursery
by hmcdiffett | Posted on: December 28, 2011
- Child's Name:Avery Taylor & new baby boy
- Child's Age:2 years old & newborn
- Location:Kenmore, Washington
- Description:We are expecting baby no. 2, and wanted the baby's room to also function as a secondary play zone for both kids.
- Design Inspiration:Light, bright, airy, comfortable, casual, colorful, and most of all- fun.
- Decorating Style:I love all things color, geometric, pattern, and glitter for kids. I also like the look of new and old things together.
- Project Details:Momeni Lil' Mo Lil Mo Whimsy Animal Ivory Kids RugOwl Lamp - West ElmEktorp couch, Expedit bookcases & cubbies, chandelier - IKEAShoal Creek Matte Double Dresser - OverstockCurtains - Pier 1KidKraft Nantucket White table & chairsLittle Tikes Country Play KitchenAnywhere Chair - Pottery Barn KidsPink Bunny Pillow - Milo & GabbyABC Name Prints - Colorbutton.Etsy.comSchoenhut Baby Grand PianoFabric boxes - WaverlyKids Plate and Bowl - Sara and AbrahamStep 2 Kids Slide - Toys R Us
- Advice:The key for me was to combine things that were more affordable with some smaller things that were pricier to achieve the look I was going for. For example, the couch and cubby dressers come from IKEA, and the owl lamp was purchased from West Elm. The rug was a little more expensive, but I made the glitter animal canvas prints on the wall myself.